AP Exam Results & Previous College-Level Courses

Preparing to Register for Classes

Your Orientation Academic Advisor will explain UCSB requirements, and help you select and register for your fall courses. Before you can register, you may need to take some important steps. Read the information in this section and make the appropriate preparations so that course registration at Orientation will be as smooth as possible.

Advanced Placement Exam Results

Official results from Advanced Placement (AP) exams are usually reported to UCSB in early July. However, at any of the Orientation sessions, students with pending AP scores will be able to register for a full set of courses appropriate for their first quarter at UCSB.

AP Math Exam Results

For most subjects, pending AP scores will not affect your ability to select appropriate classes for your first quarter. Math scores are the only exception. The AP Math test score is important for students in majors that require math in the first quarter. If you have your unofficial AP Math test score, bring it to Orientation! Students can refer to the College Board AP Scores for Students website to find their unofficial AP score if it is available. Follow the instructions on the website to obtain your score.

Previous College-Level Courses

Please note: It is NOT necessary to bring your high school transcripts to Orientation.

If you have taken courses at another college or university, please bring a few copies of your unofficial transcripts to Orientation showing your name, the name of the institution, the course titles, and your grades. Official copies of all transcripts must be submitted to the UCSB Office of Admissions by July 1, 2018. Advisors at Orientation do not have access to the transcripts submitted to Admissions. Therefore, it is essential to bring unofficial copies for use during Orientation advising sessions. Transferable courses may satisfy general education, elective, or major requirements; and may serve as satisfactory prerequisites for advanced courses at UCSB. Academic departments may need to review and approve such credit before it is granted, particularly if the credit is from an institution other than a California community college. For specific questions, contact academic departments. Call 805-893-8000 for department phone numbers. Department websites and contact information can be found on the UCSB website at College of Engineering students can contact the Engineering Undergraduate Office at 805-893-2809.